[python] Re: Wiki

  • From: Dirk Steuwer <dirk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 10:22:19 +0100

Hi Folks,

Ok, i'm going to have a look at python based wikis and into django as
well. :-)
However, i'm very much in favor of mediawiki, too.
* i.e. Wikis like pmwiki just allow one level of hierarchy
* it would be nice to have wysiwig editing
* how is the project supported by its community (security updates,
plugins, ...)
* python is only available in very few hosting offers, unlike perl/php

Once the wiki is running, Jürgen should be able to link to it. Many hosting
companies offer subdomain links. So wiki.python-lowracer.de could link to
something like www.python-wiki.com

I'm going to set up a test environment and get back in touch with you.

Regards,
Dirk