[python] Re: Wiki

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 12:53:00 +0100

Hello Uipko,

running the Python wiki under Python is surely stylish. Honestly I like the Python language much more than PHP. I once run a wiki under PHP (pmWiki) and I learned to hate it. My preference for MediaWiki though comes from its widespread use and its support. Never heard of Django, but if it is cleaner, faster and safer - why not. The setup videos are not very promising though. The ultimate instance for the decision will be at Dirk Steuwer (if he is still willing to run the wiki).

On 16.11.2007 09:57, Uipko Berghuis wrote:
On Nov 15, 2007 10:58 PM, Pasi Pärnänen <vattuvarg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Two cents worth:

cent #1: A python wiki should be done with a python web framework, imho.
http://showmedo.com/videos/video?name=1100000&fromSeriesID=110
http://showmedo.com/videos/video?name=1100010&fromSeriesID=110

Colleagues of me are using django and they like it very much, they're
constantly saying how easy fast en clean it is. It think it would be
nice to use the language python for a center steered wiki, they are
both openscource to :)

Greetz,
Uipko