[python] Re: Python Stability Continued

  • From: Vi Vuong <vi_vuong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 17:46:52 -0700 (PDT)

forgot to mention that I ride in my work cloth during lunch, so cruising
hands-free is perhaps necessary to avoid sweating too much :)

>________________________________

As far as I know there is no speed limit for bikes. I think I read once on the
dutch mailing list that because bikes do not have to have the means of knowing
their current speed, it makes no sense to dictate a maximum speed. So while
cars crawl at 30kmh through a little village, a cyclist can crash through at
50kmh... (normal speeds for dutch velomobiles it seems ;^) )

>Somehow in a laid back position with my arms resting on my head, I don't feel
>like going any faster than 10mph, 16km/h :)  You must be in good shape to ride
>25mph, 40km/h on a recumbent, and great shape on a diamond frame.  At 44mph,
>70km/h, most people ride with seat belt and airbags in automobiles.
On flat my normal speed is 30kmh (that is, without using myself up). The
terrain slopes where I live so speed varies. 40kmh on flat on any recumbent is
really going to cause a sweat ;-)