[python] Re: Position of Steering Pivot Axis

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 11:38:33 +0100

For me, I'm not exactly sure what is meant by the PSI.

Strictly speaking, PSI is a hypothetical value.

Presuming that the frame is stiff and there is no big shift of
body masses. Further presuming that you push one pedal
without pulling the other.

Considering this case the questions are: How much will the
steering angle change due to this force? How can this angle
be minimized?

The situation in practice is different as you can minimize
pedal steer by weight shifting, pulling the pedal or the handle
bars or what else.
My goal is to minimize these counter-forces as they may disturb
your smoth ride and need extra energy input.

I look forward to the next 10 lap race at our local
velodrome this summer as I can hold a lot higher cruise speed
now that I can balance much better than the last time I raced it. :)

Would be interesting. The python could be a sweet race bike on tracks without steep descents.