[python] Re: PC2 info

  • From: "25hz" <25hz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 22:34:03 -0400

Here are the stats for the project page for the PC2:
Pivot Angle: 59 degrees
Trail: 30 cm
Seat height: 25cm
BB height: 40.5cm
BB-Seat diff. 15.5cm
Ground clearance: 5cm
Wheelbase: 114cm, but adjusts from 42"(107cm) to 48½"(123cm)
Weight: 13kg
BB-FWA: 37cm
Turning Circle: 2.75m
Length: 179cm, but adjusts from 67½"(172cm) to 73½"
Width: 44.5cm to handle bars
Weight Bias: 60/40 front/rear

I have bull horn handlebars plus the shifters and brakes mounted and will
upload the picture when I can.  I have the PC2 at work and three of us go
python riding at lunch time to help the newest rider (Al) get some more seat
time.  He's coming along quickly.

Marcel and I experimented with holding onto each other as we ride, like
Jurgen and his wife does.  I initially reached over and put my hand on his
shoulder and was amazed at how steady I was.  When Marcel put his hand on my
shoulder, he commented on how much more stable he was as well.  The person
who puts their hand on the other's shoulder seemed to get the most steadying
effect, while the other rider gets a benefit as well, but not as much.  We
tried to do it with the new rider in the middle of us, but he's a little too
wild yet and all we ended up doing was having a big 3 python wipeout.  So,
we tried it with Marcel in the middle, andsame result when Al plowed into
Marcel, who in turn knocked me over :)  After we stopped laughing, we found
no damage and no injuries.  Anyway, it's a very cool effect and I was sure
it would be a little scary with two pythons in such close proximity because
Marcel and I have our moments of wobbliness still.  It was very relaxing to
hold onto the other rider, and I can see how Jurgen and his wife could
likely cruise along together quite comfortably like that.