[python] Re: Long wheelbase and handling

  • From: bepb <bepb@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 19:05:29 +0100

Hi Erik,
pytons with wheelbases with around or more than 1,5m are not unusual. http://www.python-lowracer.de/projects.html shows a table with the measurements of some pythons.

Better make sure you daugher can't get any limps into moving parts!

Best regards
Gerald

Am 04.01.2014 15:37, schrieb Erik Wassermann:
Hi everyone! I'm currently thinking to build a new rear part for my python with extra long wheelbase to have a big storage compartment and\or an additional seat for my daughter.

I was inspired by "pythoon" from the project list. Searching the archive for a final statement if that configuration was ridable in everyday commuting was futile.
The only hint I found was that the "pythoon" was handling like a truck.

Thus my question, if anyone has any experience with extra long pythons (above 1,5m wheelbase).

My python has 2x26 wheels with Schwalbe Baloon tires (559x60).

Thanks,
Erik