[python] Re: Google Earth (OT) and the python delta

  • From: "25hz" <25hz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 21:27:41 -0500

Added my link to it and there seems to be a pile of them now, very cool :)

I sort of cheated and built a FWD RWS delta tadpole instead of a delta
python as planned.  I figured full prototyping of a semi-"normal" delta
would be quicker than a full on tilting python delta again and I was
seriously short on time.  In fact, I finished up the trike rack mounts at
about 10:30 PM the night before the ice races.  All in all, my time
appreciation worked pretty well and managed to get 4 ice racers to the
event.  Unfortunately, Marcel wasn't able to attend with his python this
year, but I have a lot more breathing space now to try the tilting delta at
my leisure.  The upside is that I got a pretty good procedure down for
making a fairly clean, and trim python front end.
http://fleettrikes.com/fwd%20rws%20delta.htm

Some of the links to the ice races and pictures are here:
http://georgianbents.ca/events.htm

| Hi !
| Frappr is very nice ! I have createt a new map called "python recumbent
| bike".
| All Builders are invited to join and  add their location !
|
| You can find the map here :
| http://www.frappr.com/?a=showmap2&mapid=137439344909
|
| Stephan
|
| 25hz wrote:
| > Ok, this is an OLD post, but it got filtered to the wrong folder and was
| > buried for . . . well, months :)  Anyway, Google Earth is cool, but have
you
| > see Frappr?  It is a Google system and you can create a Python group
that
| > Python owners/builders/riders can enter their location in.  You don't
need
| > to be very precise with the addresses if security is an issue, and you
can
| > get away with just a city name, no other info.
| > Main site:  http://www.frappr.com/
| >
| > A sample:  http://www.frappr.com/?a=constellation_map&mapid=120840
| >

| > | Something off topic:
| > |
| > | One of my favorites programs is Google Earth.
| > |
| > | You can download the Windows XP version for free from
| > |
| > | http://dl.google.com/earth/client/GE4/current/GoogleEarthWin.exe
| > |
| > | But you better have a DSL internet connection to use it.
| > |
| > | The location where I life is here:
| > |
| > |   49°35'57.58"N 11° 0'14.91"E
| > |
| > | Just paste this coordinates into the search field of Google Earth
| > | and press enter.
| > |
| > | I would appreciate some coordinates from you, to see where you live...
| > |