[python] Re: BHP update and new PC 2

  • From: Ray Schumacher <mtb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:04:26 -0700

At 02:19 AM 9/23/2005, you wrote:

Dirk recently mentioned that the front part of Marcs python is
more stable than the 30 x 10 mm frame of his baby python.

This gives a good hint about the correct dimensioning.

One of the things that the motor/battery pack I installed really highlighted was the torsional flexibility of the frame. I would think that the front frame designs made with old chain/back stays rather than rectangular tube are less prone to twist. A hybrid method with large round tubes from pivot to front axle, and 1.5x.5 there to the BB would be stiffest. Using round rear frame main tube would help as well. I can see both ends of mine twisting with the high-mounted 35lb battery pack.

Torben, I like the aluminum seat design; but I'm guessing that you don't have an aluminum wire feed welder, since you used tabs. I made mine by just bending the edges down, but which does not allow a lot of curves. The attached cushion can also be a bit warm.

Ray