[python] Re: BHP update and new PC 2

  • From: "25hz" <25hz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 22:51:55 -0400

I like the rod ends too.  After riding Mike's with rod ends, I was sold on
them :)

As for the geometry, yes it is pretty much fixed now, unless I have another
bad wipeout that requires more major repairs again :)  In the mean time, the
info in he Specs section is pretty much accurate.  I still need to measure
the trail and the turning circle.  Marcel took some pictures and movies of
us riding them, and I should be able to have them online Tuesday.
http://bikes.jkcc.com/python%20clone.htm#specs

I painted the tailbox flat black to better match the rest, and the picture
is here:
http://bikes.jkcc.com/python%20all%20black.jpg

As for the molded wooden seats, I'll take some pictures of the mold and the
seat and put them up as well.  As for the fender mold my friend made, he did
the following:

- built a plug out of wood and filed, sawed and used a router on the edges
to get the contour he wanted
- sanded it smooth and put on a coat of epoxy fiberglass resin
- waxed it with two coats, or another way is to simply cover it with clear
packing tape. The packing tape is nice and smooth and the resin doesn't
stick vey well to it (if at all)
- lay dry fiberglass mat on it and keep it in place with some 3M spray glue.
- reinforce the edges and top with one or two extra lavers, held in place
with glue, and then wet it all with resin
- add single layer of CF cloth