[python] Re: BHP update and new PC 2

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:19:15 +0200

In the mean time, I started my PC 2 (python clone 2).
http://bikes.jkcc.com/python%202.htm

The rod end bearings pivot looks sleek. Very elegant solution. http://bikes.jkcc.com/python%202%20front%20end.jpg

You´ve decided to use 1 1/2" x 1/2" (38 x 13 mm) box tube
instead of the former 2" x 1/2" (51 x 13 mm). This is closer
to the 40 x 10 mm chain stays of my own pythons.

Dirk recently mentioned that the front part of Marcs python is
more stable than the 30 x 10 mm frame of his baby python.

This gives a good hint about the correct dimensioning.

BTW thanks to Dirk for the additional info about the pivot
fastening of Marcs python. I guess it is much lighter
than the BB solution and nevertheless stable enough.

25hz (aka Jim) if the geometry data of your first python
has settled I will update my project page.

How do you guys mold seats from plywood?

Regards from Jürgen.