[python] Re: Auto rising seat

  • From: Vi Vuong <vi_vuong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 22:50:05 -0700

From prior discussion about seat height for beginner, I am hoping to find an
adjustable design for different stage of learning / adoption purpose.  However
Dirk has a good point about adding unnecessary play to the seat / control, if
the lifting mechanism is precise enough...

Vi

On Mar 26, 2012, at 3:22 AM, Ronald Hongsermeier <rwhongser@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Vi, Hi Dirk,   I can imagine there being a need for this basic principle,
but in reverse. Riders with some back problems may need some help _getting
down_ instead of getting up, which is the problem resolved by the system in the
link. Since with the lowrider the weight has to be borne during the
lifting/lowering (which is not the case with the linked system, the degree of
complexity and the engineering for reliability issues are considerably higher.
Cf., some of the variable height solutions // to the development of the
Air-Bike. Wondering what Jürgen thinks about this.

regards,
Ron