[python] Re: Auto rising seat

  • From: "dirk@xxxxxxxxxx" <dirk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 10:29:25 +0200 (CEST)

 Hi Vi,

why would you need this on a lowracer? the design introduces 4 joints/axes
that are prone to play. I reckon, that the seat will give you a wobbly
feeling one day...

interchangeable seat mountings are a good thing on recumbents, in case of
different sized riders

- DirkS

Vi Vuong <vi_vuong@xxxxxxxxx> hat am 25. März 2012 um 03:36 geschrieben:

http://gizmodo.com/5896109/an-auto+rising-seat-makes-this-bike-easier-to-mount

> not sure how this can be adapted to python without change seat angle...
>
> What I have thought of so far is an interchangeable seat mounting system
made out of recycled seat posts, see attached.

> Vi

mind and began to build a test version with variable seat high ;-)
> >Am 25.02.2012 04:19 schrieb "Vi Vuong" <vi_vuong@xxxxxxxxx>:
> >
> >I can confirm the ease of higher seat.  It seems that we should
recommend beginners to start out with high seat, and then lower as they
progress or want more challenge.  How about an adjustable seat height
design, anyone?

http://dirk.steuwer.de