[python] AW: Python frame design (work in progress)

  • From: Gerald<bepb@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 12:38:05 +0200

Hi Mike,
with your height, 700C should be no problem. I am 'only' about 6'2'' and 700c
works great for me.
In the animation, the frame tubing looks very slim. 700c wheel and your height
will require longer tubing, which will in turn require stronger tubing.
Considering that some weight comes with your height as well, size up the tubing
again.

For learning, I made good expiriece with placing the seat low enough to be able
to support myself with the hands on the ground on both sides off the bike.
This can also be done by reclining the seat further, but for me this makes
balancing the bike harder. At least while learning.

I'd keep an eye on the seat-BB distance. Choosing more distance may be good for
pedalling performance, but it is more difficult to avoid sliping from the
pedals and cornering.

As a general suggestion, build your first phyton bike for learning. You can go
for aerodynamics, luggage rags and fancy gearing with a later project.

Gerald