[python] Re: BB-seat diff vs. PSI

  • From: Dirk Bonné <dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 12:00:32 +0200

Wheelflop and PSI are very different. PSI happens when going straight
(pivot turning angle near to zero), and wheel flop happens at greater
turning angle values. At zero degrees turning angle the weight cannot be
pulling the front part sideways.

The stokid python has a smaller pivot angle (57.5degrees) against
60degrees of the pythoon. These 2.5degrees difference give an amazing
difference in wheel flop. But wheel flop is not all bad: I can turn
shorter at slower speed (=no lean) with the stokid. When I tried out the
pythoon with a pivot angle of 70 and 80degrees the self rise was so big
I wasn't able to do a reasonable non-leaning turn.

For me PSI has a lot to do with:
* riding with or without click pedals
* how used you are to the bike