[python] Re: AW: Google Earth (OT) (FOT: Iowa)

  • From: "Mark Garvey" <lazybee45@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 07:00:13 -0600

On 11/28/06, mtb@xxxxxxx <mtb@xxxxxxx> wrote:

At 07:10 PM 11/28/2006 -0600, you wrote:
>I can look, but Iowa is NOT flat!

last time I drove through the moraine valleys in the fog on 80 there were
big rigs scattered all over the road!

I DRIVE one of those big rigs.  Yesterday someone lost it on a perfectly
flat stretch of I-380 south of town, SPUN the rig around and dropped it
sideways in the slow lane.  PERFECTLY straight, no jacknife!

the 1/2 mile track is a bit small. I think Indy or Daytona would be
perfect!

The Newton track might be good then, I think it is a 3/4 or 1 mile track but
am not absolutely sure.  a FLAT piece of rural road would be best.  I will
check and see if there might be something. I, and my co-workers travel
around quite a lot .  southern Illinois is also VERY flat, or possibly there
might be a chance of using an airport?  Not 4 miles long, but they are sure
flat!

If a straight roadway is needed, there are any number of STRAIGHT roads in
>iowa over 4 miles long, whether they fit the level component or not is
>debatable

"IHPVA rule for speed records states that the slope of the entire course
must not be more the 2/3 percent downhill overall "
http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/whpsc2006/whpsc_site.htm
4 miles seems a bit long for me, but then I haven't gone 80MPH either!

Ray

Check out the web site at:
http://vine-ave.com

One more bike is one less car!