[python] Re: AW: Google Earth (OT) (FOT: Iowa)

  • From: "Mark Garvey" <lazybee45@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 19:10:30 -0600

I can look, but Iowa is NOT flat!  Although there is a section of Highway 3
up in N Central Iowa that is pretty flat!  I would look at West Kansas or
somewhere in Nebraska.  the other suggestion that might be worth a look is
the Alphalt tracks at Cedar Rapids (Hawkeye Downs) and the new one in
Newton.  they are circular or at least OVAL and while Hawkeye downs is a
little wavy, I know the new Newton track is at least in very good
condition.  don't know if that will work or not, but I would bet they might
be fast!
the streamliners were running at Hawkeye downs last September and they were
moving right along!

If a straight roadway is needed, there are any number of STRAIGHT roads in
iowa over 4 miles long, whether they fit the level component or not is
debatable

mark

On 11/28/06, mtb@xxxxxxx <mtb@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Mark,

The WISL Battle Mountain recumbent speed challenge is looking for a
possible new location due to the road conditions now. Do you know of
a rural road in your area that is 4+ miles long, dead flat and
straight, smooth pavement and little traffic?
No such thing around San Diego...

Ray

Check out the web site at:
http://vine-ave.com