[python] Re: AW: Google Earth (OT) (FOT: Iowa)

  • From: mtb@xxxxxxx
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:46:06 -0800

At 07:10 PM 11/28/2006 -0600, you wrote:
I can look, but Iowa is NOT flat!

last time I drove through the moraine valleys in the fog on 80 there were big rigs scattered all over the road!

the streamliners were running at Hawkeye downs last September and they were moving right along!

the 1/2 mile track is a bit small. I think Indy or Daytona would be perfect!

If a straight roadway is needed, there are any number of STRAIGHT roads in iowa over 4 miles long, whether they fit the level component or not is debatable

"IHPVA rule for speed records states that the slope of the entire course must not be more the 2/3 percent downhill overall "
http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/whpsc2006/whpsc_site.htm
4 miles seems a bit long for me, but then I haven't gone 80MPH either!

Ray