[pwg-graphics] Undo and Redo

  • From: Brian Anderson <skijatoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pwg-graphics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 08:03:34 +1100

Hello All
I have just received Ron's notes on using undo and redo in Corel.
(I have copied them below in case you missed them.)
These features, and command history,  are also available in PSP and
are probably part of most programs.  Contrl+Z for Undo works in all
sorts of windows programs.

Like Ron, I don't beleive that there are only 5 members using Corel.
Have you let him know what program you are using?=20
I know of at least 15 who use PSP8.  Have you let Ron know?
How many use photoshop?

It would be a pity to miss his messages as they contain hints and tips
that you can apply to most graphics programs=20
I would like to get ALL the hints he sends out.  Even if a feature is
not directly available in all programs, there is frequently a way to
get the same result

What do you think?

Regards
Brian

COPY

=46rom: "Ron Davis" <rondavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 16:40:17 +1100

Hi to all,
This tip is for Corel users, as it applies to Draw or Paint only.
Sorry to other users as only 5 have let me know they have Corel and
feel sure there are more. In future I will only send to those on my
list. So if you would like to continue to receive bits and pieces,
send me your name if you haven't done so already, to include on the
Corel mail list. This also applies to all other programs you have and
not put on the list.
Reading through my books, I have discovered in 'Paint and Draw there
is the equivalent to 'Shops History palette. This is called "Undo" and
is found in Windows/Dockers/Undo or (alt+F9) displaying the history
list as you use tools. Just click where you wish to go back to. Makes
life a lot easier if you make a mistake and want to go back a few
paces.
You can have 99 levels of undo but it takes up a lot of memory. You
can limit in Tools/Options/Memory-Undo Levels. I have set mine at 10
and find it sufficient.
Hope this is of some help and will send more as I learn if you want
them.
Regards ron
Please reply if you do not wish to receive these tips
Brian Anderson
Member of Melbourne PC User Group
http://member.melbpc.org.au/~skijatoo/
Peninsula Woodturners Guild
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~pwguild

TO  UNSUBCRIBE from mailing list PWG-GRAPHICS
Email to: pwg-graphics-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx    Subject: unsubscribe
CONTACT MODERATOR    skijatoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx