[pure-silver] Re: wide-angle lens for 4x5

  • From: Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 12:48:32 -0400

On Tuesday 18 October 2005 10:27, Howard Efner wrote:

> There are a plethora of other lenses out there - newer Schneider
> ($$$$), Rodenstock equivalents, Fuji wide lenses ( good optics) and
> the Nikkor W series.

        I just got a 105mm Fuji SW. Between the bad filter threads and the
Seiko
shutter it was fairly cheap. IIRC needs about 115mm for infinity focus so
easier on cameras that don't like wide lenses. Coverage is more then 250mm so
fine for even 5x7. 67mm filters which would be perfect for me. But the
threads make using a filter on my lens kind of tough. Not a big issue since
for about $20 I bought a used Lindhal shade that fits around the lens and
takes 3x3 filters.  It's not super wide on 4x5 but it's not that much longer
then 90mm.

        Nick