[pure-silver] Re: where to to house the new pure-silver

  • From: Laurence.Cuffe@xxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 15:35:35 +0100

Posting this here as it got rejected from the original list as "Spam!"
On 8 Sep 2004 at 22:47, Richard Knoppow wrote:
>     Tim has been an excellent list nanny and obviously has
> an excellent knowledge of the technical side of lists. I
> deeply regret he has decided not to continue but I don't
> think he would have done so without very good reasons so
> won't argue.
Amen to this.
>     I think many of us here are refugies from the
> rec.photo.darkroom and other Usenet groups who got fed up
> with the spam and bad manners. I still follow the darkroom
> and large-format group but find the list environment much
> more copasetic (is that a word?).
Of course it is! if it wasn't you wouldn't have used it would you?

On the rest thanks to Jim Brick and Ray Crane for just doing it.
The idea that this is a "Beta level solution" is I think a welcome
compromise.  And of course retrospective thanks to the guy under the
palm tree on the right... the guy with the table saw. Didn't he write for
BYTE once? Tim Daniwhat? get him another rum punch.

Just as a matter of interest what was the name of the Aussie who started
all this ?
All the best
Larry

Laurence Cuffe