[pure-silver] Re: when lights?

  • From: Mark Blackwell <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 11:06:29 -0700 (PDT)

Bob  I believe that many paper manufacturers have that information buried on
the paper that usually comes inside the print box.  I have seen 30 seconds to a
minute, and have heard about half the fix time as a general rule.  Safest would
be to just wait it out, but it also could slow the work down a great deal if
you find some reason that you need to redo the print too.  Four or five minutes
many not seem like much, but if you have to redo  just 5 prints in a session
that is between 20 minutes to a half an hour wasted.  Time that a peek with a
light on would have been productive.

If you haven't checked the paper manufacturers website, that's where Id start
first.  If that doesn't work and if you can't find that little slip of paper
that came with the paper you bought, you just have an excuse to go buy some
more and see if it says anything.  It probably has been tested by the
manufacturer and the test would likely be better than you could do in a home
dark room.  It couldn't take into account your actual light levels, but it
likely good enough that the differences would likely not effect the print in a
practical sense.  If I found a solid information from the manufacturer, I'd use
it and spend the time making more prints rather than testing it.

Wou