[pure-silver] Re: when lights?

  • From: "Ken Hart1" <kwhart1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 13:03:23 -0400

What I was taught many many years ago was that room lights were OK after half the fixer time, so if you use a two fixer plan with equal time in each, then it's safe when you put the print in the second fixer. OTOH, the first fixer bath becomes exhausted more rapidly, so the second fixer does more of the work and the half-way point would be somtime in the second fixer.

You could experiment by printing a slightly light print and when it goes into the fixer, put some coins on it. After a couple minutes,turn on the lights, and strt removing the coins a couple minutes apart. Of course some would say that the coins prevent the fixer from acting on the paper...

DEAR LIST,

           Regarding processing B&W VC FB paper, I am very interested to
hear at what point in the (normal, not rapid) fixer you turn on the white
lights. Let's assume you develop and stop in your normal way and are using
regular fixer.  I use the two fixer method; 5 min in the first fix and 5
more min in a very fresh second fix.  But most of this is irrelevant to my
question:

How long after you put your print in the first fixer do you feel
it is safe to turn on the white lights?  Do you wait the full 5 mins or do
you feel it is safe earlier?

                       CHEERS!

                                   BOB

Please check my website: <http://www.bobkiss.com/> http://www.bobkiss.com/