[pure-silver] Re: silica gel

  • From: "Jonathan ayers" <jayers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 20:48:55 -0800

 I have always order from Hydrosorbent. You have to write them as they
no longer answer the phone. Great products, they have different size
canisters from small for camera cases to large for vaults, or safes.
The cases are made out of metal and are easily recharged at 300 deg F
for about 3 hours  or less dependant upon the size.

Hydrosorbent Co.
Box 437
Ashely Falls, MA 01222

The Hydrosorbent Co. has silica gel canisters that can be used to remove

humidity from the air.  The 40 gram unit sells for $5.95 and protects up
to 3 cubic feet, which is about the correct size unit needed for a comic
book box.  Once the canister has become saturated, an indicator turns
from
blue to pink, and the device can be reactivated by placing it in an
oven.

Also I found this link to other suppliers.

http://www.hoboes.com/pub/Comics/About%20Comics/Technical%20Issues/Prote
cting%20Comics%20Guide%202%20of%202

I carry 2 of the small size in each of my large pelican cases while on
the road.
Jonathan