[pure-silver] Re: rollei not fixed

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:32:28 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "shannon stoney" <sstoney@xxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 12:46 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] rollei not fixed

> Hi,
>
> I sent an old Rollei (late thirties vintage) to a guy to
> get repaired
> and cleaned. The shutter speed was slow and the lens was
> dirty.  It
> came back with the lens pretty clean, but the shutter is
> still two
> stops too slow at 1/60th of a second.  Should I send it
> back to him?
>
> --shannon

    I would not send it back, he doen't know what he is
doing. There are some very good Rollei techs out there,
people on this list can recommend the good ones.
    Even very old Compur shutters should run very close to
the right speeds with the possible exception of the maximum
speed where spring fatigue may be a factor. If the slow
speeds are off it suggests the clockwork retarder was not
cleaned or that it was re-installed incorrectly. The test
speed for it is 1/10th second, that should be exactly
accurate. None of this is brain surgery. Get your money back
and send the camera to:

OCEANSIDE CAMERA REPAIR
909 AVIATION BLVD. #4
MANHATTAN BEACH, CA 90266
rolleirepairsbyharry.com
           310-374-6506
http://www.rolleirepairs.com

Martin W. Arndt
Rollei Professional Service
Marflex Service Corporation
PO Box 633,
16 Chapin Road, Unit 906
Pine Brook, NJ 07058

973 808-9626 Voice Mail
973 808-1706 Fax
Marflex@xxxxxxx
  For Rolleiflex and Linhof service.

Paul Ebel
Shutter Repair
 1 715 778 4372
 w230 Terrace Street, Box 86; Spring Valley, WI
54767.

John F. DeLoach at jfd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   All of the above have been vouched for by various people
on this list.

---