[pure-silver] pure-silver] Re: Refrigerate film?

  • From: "Peter Badcock" <peter.badcock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 22:53:02 +1000

Richard,

If I place a small convex shaped drop of water onto a transparent surface,
surely the light will be refracted (i.e. bent) as it passes through the
air/water interface an then again as it passes through the water/film
interface.  Just as though there was a tiny (plano-convex) lens on top of
the film's surface.

This assumes that the light is not perpendicular to the drop, and that the
refractive index of air and the film are different to that of water.

regards
Peter