[pure-silver] Re: pure-silver] Re: Refrigerate film?

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 15:36:17 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Badcock" <peter.badcock@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 5:53 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] pure-silver] Re: Refrigerate film?

Richard,

If I place a small convex shaped drop of water onto a transparent surface, surely the light will be refracted (i.e. bent) as it passes through the air/water interface an then again as it passes through the water/film interface. Just as though there was a tiny (plano-convex) lens on top of
the film's surface.

This assumes that the light is not perpendicular to the drop, and that the refractive index of air and the film are different to that of water.

regards
Peter

This might happen if enough water condensed on the film but the problems I mentioned are the more usual ones.

---