[pure-silver] RE: [pure-silver] Re: NO ONE ELSE? was NOSTALGIA LANE...

  • From: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 17:16:16 -0400 (EDT)

Sorry, am way behind schedule on printing deadlines, so haven't been on the
computer as much as usual.

I fell into art/photography by accident, while in college. I changed my
major/entered the BFA photo program quickly after that, so I started with the
books the syllabi called for...

1) Henry Horenstein's Black and White Photography
2) The Elements of Black and White Printing (Carson Graves)
3 Photographic Possibilities (Hirsch),

*Of course, I bought more along the way… And yes, I do refer back to them from
time to time.

Btw, Bob, never read any of those books - my first "real" photographic
experiences began in 1999, but I'm sure they're great resources. Will have to
add them to my list… Thanks for sharing!

I wish I had a similar story. Let's just say that the majority of my family
didn't have much of an appreciation for/understanding of art back then,
especially in terms of photography. I'm glad to say that's changed - for the
most part...

Best,
Kimberly