[pure-silver] Re: printing Kodak's C-41 "black and white" film

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:57:59 +0200

He is probably referring to split-grade printing, which is the combination
of two separate exposures, one with a soft and the other with a hard filter.
It is a very useful tool when local dodging or burning is combined with this
technique. Otherwise, it is exactly the same as using a color enlarger and
mixing soft and hard filtration in one exposure.

Nevertheless, it has no influence on your problem. It doesn't help or hurt
in printing C41 films.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht