[pure-silver] Re: printing Kodak's C-41 "black and white" film

  • From: "Dave Valvo" <dvalvo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 00:36:32 -0700

Another comment about this film is that it is extremely sharp and virtually
no grain.  In fact the lack of grain makes focusing the enlarger difficult.
It is rated as a 400 speed film but I expose it at 320 or lower.  Extremely
long latitude.  I occasionally use it when I travel and want to confirm my
exposures.  I prefer a silver based negative like Plus X for a conventional
use.    I use it a lot when testing lenses and systems.  So easy to get
processed.

Dave

PS: Important item I left out of the example below is the paper..... Tonight
it was Polycontrast IV RC.