[pure-silver] Re: cleaning containers

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 00:31:16 -0700 (PDT)

It's hard to get tray cleaner nowadays but if you have
some, it's good for the developer stains and bottles.
Liquid toilet bowl cleaner (without bleach) works well
on fixer stains and buildup on bottles.  Also,
physical abrasion (if possible) helps remove a lot as
well.

There's formulas for tray cleaners out there but they
are kida nasty.  If you feel comfortable with that,
there was a recent discussion about them and cleaning
out an automatic processor.  FYI, the toilet bowl
cleaner works fairly well for the water tank in a Jobo
as well to help break down the algae when it builds
up.
Eric