[pure-silver] Re: cleaning containers

  • From: "J.R. Stewart" <jrstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 20:57:34 -0400

I highly recommend the wine bottle idea used with a suction pump and special
stopper. These are available at wine shops.. you get a set of stoppers and a
pump. Use the pump to evacuate all the air from the bottle ($15 USD) after each
use of the chemical. Developers last months (no kidding) in these things, you
get no evaporation (so no dried residues form), and the wine bottle supply
justifies throwing containers away when you want to (you'll rarely need to).
Pretty handy for people who get into the darkroom only intemittently.

The only washing I do is to rinse the bottles between batches.

J. Stewart
Leesburg, VA