[pure-silver] Re: citric acid??

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <BKarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 17:05:26 -0400

Hello,

One of the members of this recommended Citric acid as a stop in printing and I have been using it ever since. Recommended 15g/L , one shot deal. I get it from one of the locale grocery stores; they specialize in middle eastern and Indian foods, so they have spices and condiments that you don't find in North American or European foods preparations. it is organic, friend of mine always puts a bit in his vodka to give it a sour taste. It comes in a 17.6oz (500g) round container with a dispenser top so that you can use it like a salt shaker or insert a spoon for larger quantities; cheap too..... $1.49cdn.

Cheers,
Bogdan

On 11/07/2013 1:58 PM, mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Well the citric acid reference got me thinking. I am not thrilled either with the traditional stop baths smell and I am beginning to wonder if it triggers some of my allergies. If citric acid can be used, it might help. Getting it though locally might be a problem. Then it came to me. Canning preservative is citric acid. Maybe it came to me because I am about to go can some apples, but could this be used as a stop and if so how much per liter/qt to do the job?? Someone said 18 grams, but would that still apply with the home canning stuff?