[pure-silver] Re: citric acid??

  • From: "BOB KISS" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 15:45:25 -0400

Ascorbic acid is a developing agent in an alkaline environment and, though
the citric acid should have it in an acid environment, I would not be
enamored of having a fresh developing agent in my stop bath.

  _____

From: Steven Scherbinski <steve.scherbinski@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, July 11, 2013 2:00 pm
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've bought citric acid by the pound from the local brewer's supply.
Probably cheaper than buying it at a grocery store.

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 1:58 PM, <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well the citric acid reference got me thinking.  I am not thrilled either
with the traditional stop baths smell and I am beginning to wonder if it
triggers some of my allergies.  If citric acid can be used, it might help.
Getting it though locally might be a problem.  Then it came to me.  Canning
preservative is citric acid.  Maybe it came to me because I am about to go
can some apples, but could this be used as a stop and if so how much per
liter/qt to do the job??  Someone said 18 grams, but would that still apply
with the home canning stuff?

My Blog - http://sscherbinski.blogspot.com/

database 8555 (20130711) __________

http://www.eset.com