[pure-silver] Re: best tool for cutting matboard

  • From: Howard Efner <hfefner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 14:50:55 -0600

On Apr 3, 2008, at 10:46 AM, Shannon Stoney wrote:

I am framing some prints today, and I have to cut the matboard before cutting the window, but I do it on a self healing mat because the 32x40 matboard is too big to fit in my little mat cutter. What is the best tool for this preliminary cutting?

One of the best tools for sizing mat board is to become friends with a printer and have them cut the board on one of those big paper cutters. The dimensions should be spot on and the cutter should be able to cut 5 to 10 sheets of 4 ply at a whack! Costs a few $ but is a real time saver if you will be using a number of standard size mats.

Howard