[pure-silver] Re: best tool for cutting matboard

  • From: Shannon Stoney <shannonstoney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 17:50:27 -0500

Maybe it would be worthwhile to have one of the bigger ones. My little one has two blades too, but you have to cut down the big piece to get it to fit in so you can use the straight cutter.

--shannon

On Apr 3, 2008, at 2:07 PM, Tim Rudman wrote:

Possibly not much help Shannon, but I use a professional cutter which has 2 blades, one for bevel(windows) and one straight. The big ones are costly but they do make this job so much easier they are worth it if you can find one
say on Ebay. Even with these big boards they are easy as you can make
repeated sweeps of the blade and nothing else moves. I wasted so much time and also messed up so many boards before I got one I wondered why I hadn't bought one years before (like so many other things!), I've seen some good bargains for these on Ebay at times as not too many people are after them.
Tim