[pure-silver] Re: Viradon vs KBT

  • From: john stockdale <j.sto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 05:25:20 +1100

If the pH of the toner affects the toning, maybe instead of straight sodium
sulphite (which is what I use), the lower pH from KHCA (sulphite plus some
bisulphite) might be better as a "toner stop".

With "old" Viradon, I used to rebottle working strength Viradon to later
reuse.    This seems not to be feasible with new Viradon due to precipitate
which I assume is elemental sulphur.

John S