[pure-silver] Viradon vs KBT

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 14:53:32 +0100

I recently switched to Agfa Viradon New, because it was easier to obtain and
I ran out of Kodak Brown Toner. Yikes, they are more different than I
remember from the old Viradon.

Viradon New (1+24) seems to 'stick' to the FB print. The yellow 'skin'
washes off fairly rapidly, but this never happened with KBT. Also, a white
solid deposit develops rapidly to a much heavier extend than with KBT. Worst
of all, Viradon after-tones quite heavily in the final wash in spite of a
2-minute treatment in HCA.

I ended up changing the dilution to 1+48 and toned for not much more than 45
seconds. The MG-IV prints are still clearly toned. I'm concerned to dilute
it further and the after-toning is had to control.

Any experiences to be shared?

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht