[pure-silver] Re: Varycon called ADOX; Was: Lith printing

  • From: "Ole Tjugen" <oftjugen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 22:26:31 +0100

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:54:23 -0600, Garry Lewis
<garrylewis747@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Of course I could be wrong...
>>
>> Ole Tjugen
>  of course you could- };^)>
>
> Thanks for the info.
>
> BTW how good are these papers?

Varycon used to be a very cheap plasticky paper back when I was young and
broke. I found it almost impossible to get good results from it. I tried
it again recently, and found it very good! After checking with a box of
old paper and some old prints, I decided that it was I who had changed :)

The fiber versions are very good indeed, and lith print beautifully (I
think I may already have mentioned that?).

All papers are different, and the Fotokemika papers are a bit "more
different" than many others. But they're well worth a try, even I have
grown to like them :)