[pure-silver] Re: Update On APX 25 Ortho Print Through

  • From: <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 08:54:32 +0000

Hi Richard,

The developer I use is formulated by Jay DeFehr:

Glycol 180ml (heat to
50-600C)

Phenidone 7g

Ascorbic acid 1g

Glycol to : 200 ml

sodium carbonate 20% solution

For AGFA Ortho APX25

Working stock 1:1:100; 500ml in a Patterson tank, 200C for 15 minutes

I pinpointed the film to about 10 ASA, another suitable developer is LC-1
formulated by Dave Samaroko, a much lowe B+F but a considerable speed loss :
around 1-2 asa (notes at home, not completely certain)

LC1 developer

5 times stock:

Water 750ml

Metol 3gr.

Sodium sulphite 60gr.

Hydroxyquinone 3 gr.

Sodium bisulphite 15 gr.

Water to make 1 liter

Perhaps adding BZT (benzotiazole) to the developer could help, or
PotassiumBromide…..

Best

Cor