[pure-silver] Re: Unreachable Scum in Print Washer

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 21:21:20 -0800 (PST)

I have the same model as you do.  When I think that
the bubbles are getting fewer, I will use liquid
toilet bowl cleaner without bleach.  Since Jobo didn't
recommend bleach in their processors (plastic) I
assume that bleach may have some detrimental effect as
well on the Kostiner.

Toilet bowl cleaner is along the lines chemically of
Eric Neilsen's rec and also Mark's rec of CLR any of
which might be a good choice at times.  These are all
acidic solutions and I don't know which may be better,
but since I try to keep liquid toilet bowl cleaner
around for various cleaning projects such as the Jobo,
[and the obvious ;)] it's what I use.

As far as draining, I will turn the washer on the side
that DOESN"T have the hose coming out and let the
remaining water drain out from time to time.  One has
to be careful as those plex edges can be sharp and
it's bloody heavy.
This is done after running the washer for some time
after using any of the chemical treatment suggestions
made so far.  Toilet bowl cleaner foams, so it give a
pretty good indication of when it's gone.

Eric

--- EJ Neilsen <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Have you tried Lime A way or an Acid bath made from
> Glacial acid? Those
> should rid the system of calcium/mineral deposits
> and build up that is stuck
> to that. Now for the iron and dirt particles that
> have avoided your filters?
> You might try a mix of EDTA tera sodium. Do this
> after a good rinse in
> between.
>
> Eric
>
> Eric Neilsen Photography
> 4101 Commerce Street
> Suite 9
> Dallas, TX 75226
> http://e.neilsen.home.att.net
> http://ericneilsenphotography.com
> Skype ejprinter

Washer_W0QQitemZ290089635887QQihZ019QQcategoryZ29988QQcmdZViewItem

http://zone.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmtagline