[pure-silver] Re: Un processable kodachrome

  • From: john stockdale <j.sto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 21:49:07 +1000

At 07:04 PM  1/12/2006, Claudio wrote:
Kodachrome (25) was for long my favorite slide film but now, you must be addicted to continue with it ... :-(

In around 1970 I found an unused roll of 16mm Kodachrome movie film that my father had overlooked. It had a use by date of around 1954. I phoned our local Kodak office (Melbourne, Australia) and spoke to someone who knew all about it. (Those were the days!) He said give it half a stop extra exposure. It was only 10 ASA in those days, but for movies that's not as bad as it sounds. I exposed it in the wind-up Bolex, and took it to Kodak to have it processed. Processing had been pre-paid in about 1952. They had to send it to Hawaii for processing and on its return I was delighted with the results. I've been a fan ever since.

John Stockdale