[pure-silver] Re: Un processable kodachrome

  • From: "Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 06:23:25 -0500

On 30/11/06, Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   I also remember it. I probably have it somewhere but I
have a lot of stuff on Zip discs that I can't access because
I no longer have a drive for them. The drives proved to be
very unreliable and I just didn't replace the last one that
crapped out.

  Ahh yes, the click of death! There are web paged dedicated to that utter
piece of crap made by Zip. I have refused to ever buy anything from Iomega
after that. They completely refused to admit those drives had problems when
it was so patently obvious. Shame on them.

  ..and another reason I have zero faith in digital storage.

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.shampoo.ca