[pure-silver] Re: Sump pumps

  • From: Chauncey Walden <clwaldeniii@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 08:30:47 -0700

Hi Mark,
I had the same situation in our old house but instead of a sump pump I used an evaporative cooler pump. They are cheap and use plastic impellers. You do have to turn it on and off or just let it run and you would need the higher capacity one. I just tapped the output hose into an above grade drain line. Good luck.
Chauncey

Sauerwald Mark wrote:

I have a relatively new darkroom - 3 years old.  The
darkroom is in the basement, and we are on a septic
system, with the inlet to the septic tank above the
level of the darkroom.  To get the waste water out of
the darkroom, the sink drains into a 'laundry tray
system' which is essentially a box with a sump pump in
it.

Recently, the pump stopped working - and it turns out
that the problem is with the float switch - a
replacement is on order.  The thing that has me
wondering is the fact that when I opened up the
Laundry Tray system, I noticed a lot more corrosion on
the metal parts of the pump than I would have
expected.  My darkroom effluent is probably pretty
typical - 99% of it is wash water - I do not send fix
or toners down the drain, I do send my spent
developers and stop bath down the drain, but I would
have thought that they would be diluted enough not to
contribute to the corrosion.

Has anybody else run into anything like this?

Mark

__________________________________ Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click.
http://farechase.yahoo.com