[pure-silver] Re: Spotting and Microscope Questions

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 08:16:30 -0400 (EDT)

From: Peter De Smidt <pdesmidt@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Spotting and Microscope Questions
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 19:30:47 -0500

> To Ryuji, I knew you'd bring up that surgical microscope.  I expect that
> one's a little out of my price league, and I'm no longer affiliated with

Surgical microscope is basically same as the kind of microscopes you
are looking at. The main difference is the holding mechanism. The one
I use is very good but also very old. Mine have non-zoom magnification
of 6x, 10x, 16x, 25x I think, and this is more than enough for what I
do.  If I were to buy something for my darkroom I would buy the same
type of microscope as what you are looking at. Also, it would be a
good tool to look through a large number of 35mm/MF negatives as well.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."