[pure-silver] Re: Speaking Of HC-110

  • From: Steve Goldstein <sgold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 11:33:33 -0400

Yes, the HDPE bottles used for concentrate are slightly oxygen-permeable,
but my understanding is that the long life of HC-110 concentrate arises
because it contains no water.  Stock solutions mixed from concentrate have
a much shorter life.  This has led many (including me) to mix working
solutions directly from concentrate, using syringes to measure out the
required small volumes of concentrate.

I sometimes, but not religiously, move the concentrate to smaller glass
bottles to reduce the amount of air trapped in the bottle.

Steve