[pure-silver] Re: (Sligthly OT) Long term storage of batteries

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 17:53:15 +0100

Bogdan Karasek a écrit :

Peter Badcock wrote:

BTW, why do you keep your batteries in the fridge anyway?  Alkalines
have a very long shelf life these days.

regards
Peter
HI,

I keep the Alkalines in the fridge because I have two fridges in the basement and it serves as storage space for the Alkalines; this way everybody knows were the batteries are and can find them easily. Even have a battery operated light in the fridge in case of power failure and we need to find batteries for the dead flaslights. I have several Tuppeware containers filled with batteries, for all the items that need batteries, from my wireless mouse to emergency lights, MP3, CD players. Once you add it all up, we consume a lot of batteries. I buy them by the dozen. :)

Cheers,
Bogdan

Hi Bogdan !
Please do the planet a favor, replace as much batteries as you can with refillable ones. These can be charged more than hundred times, and do not stack in the landfill. I know that some appliance do not like them (mainly older ones ) but it is wise to feed all that can with them !
--
Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons recyclés.
S'il vous plaît, aidez nous à conserver nos ressources,