[pure-silver] Silver Mirroring and Care of Old Photographs...

  • From: Ray Rogers <earthsoda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 18:36:01 -0700 (PDT)

Does someone remember (or know of) an active conservation list?
or some person active in the field that likes to talk about conservation and
true (analog)
restoration?

There may be someone on this list... I am not sure, (perhaps Roger K? is with
us?)

Anyway, I have a few questions I would like to direct to people who have seen a
lot of examples of
print deterioation such as silver mirroring.

(Of course GEH and IPI come imeadiately to mind, but that should be later I
think.)

Alternativly,
Anyone here have any photographs damaged by silver mirroring?
If so, you may respond off list, if you prefer.

(If there is not a suitable list for conservation questions,
perhaps I will post them here....)

Ray