[pure-silver] Re: [SILVERADOS] Re: Rogonar-S 90 4.5? Colorstar 3000?

  • From: Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 07:49:01 -0400

On Sunday 08 May 2005 13:47, Edward C. Zimmermann wrote:

> I think its an excellent standalone timer..

  If you let the exposure probe set the time I'd agree. The problem comes when
you try to set the time manually. Having just the two up/down buttons isn't
that quick. Once the time is set works great.

> Make copies of the manual.. and read it.. and read it.. And think a lot---
> the CS-3000 is not the most "user friendly" gadget ever made.. and the
> manual is not that great.. some things even wrong.. and there are lots of
> ways to use it that are not in the manual.. etc. etc.

  When  figured out it's pretty easy to use. Once I got past the issues mine
had. Busted probe. I had no real problems learning to use it for colour. I
set it up to give me exposure readings for lith printing pretty quickly. I
don't normally use it for B&W but went to the trouble of setting it up and
that wasn't too complicated.

        Nick