[SILVERADOS] Re: Rogonar-S 90 4.5? Colorstar 3000?

  • From: "Edward C. Zimmermann" <edz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 19:47:51 +0200

Quoting Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>:

> Hi !
> I may be wrong on this one, but I thought that the Colorstar maker is a
> Dutch firm, former Philips owned photo division (the Dutch part not

They might have been ex-Philips people (like most of the country) but they
were not owned, to my knowledge, by Philips and never purchased by Paterson--
which went down the Jordan and were purchased, I think, my Nova.
Lici used some very special sensors from Japan and got some investment capital
to shift the technology to digital publishing. The result was the company
Spectrostar BV (Color becoming Spectro) and Ihara Electronic Industries
(the makers of the sensor) then picked up a largish minority share. I think
they somehow morphed into Avantes (not clear on what happened)..

> bought by Paterson). So maybe some of our fellow Dutch living people
> could tell us more !
> Nick Zentena a écrit :
> > On Sunday 08 May 2005 12:46, Ben R. McRee wrote:
> >

> >>The package also includes a Beseler Colorstar 3000 analyzer.  As I

Omega was their last U.S. distributor I think.. But Lici has been to quite a
few weddings..

> >>only do black and white, I have no use for the color analysis part of
> >>this expensive piece of equipment, but the owner tells me that it can
> >>also function as a timer (which I do need) and an enlarging exposure
> >>meter.  Anyone tried that?  Is it useful for those purposes?
> >

> >     It can do both. Plus be used like a transmission densitometer in a
> fashion.

The CS-3000 is fantastic for B&W.. Better than most.. lacking some of the
features like f-stop timing and split-grade but still..

> > IMHO it's not the best standalone timer out there. It's really designed to

I think its an excellent standalone timer..

> > work with the exposure meter setting the time. OTOH it's a great colour
> > analyzer.
> >
> > Read the manual.

Make copies of the manual.. and read it.. and read it.. And think a lot--- the
CS-3000 is not the most "user friendly" gadget ever made.. and the manual is
not that great.. some things even wrong.. and there are lots of ways to use it
that are not in the manual.. etc. etc.

> > http://www3.sympatico.ca/nick_zentena/colorstar3000.html
> >
> > I'm assuming when you say Beseler that's a mistake. The older ones are
> labeled
> > Jobo. The current ones are handled by Omega.
> >
> > Nick

> --
> Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons recyclés.
> Aucun électron n'a été blessé ou forcé d'aucune manière
> pendant l'écriture de ce message. S'il vous plaît aidez nous
> à conserver nos ressources, recyclez vos électrons !

Edward C. Zimmermann, Basis Systeme netzwerk, Munich
Office Leo (R&D):
   Leopoldstrasse 53-55, D-80802 Munich,
   Federal Republic of Germany
http://www.nonmonotonic.net