[pure-silver] Re: [SILVERADOS] Re: Re: negative scratches/Edwal No-Scratch

  • From: John Meyers <jmeyers102@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 18:26:05 -0700 (PDT)

--- Snoopy <snoopy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear John, again, :-)
>
> At 16:22 08.05.2005, you wrote:
>
> >I went to the Tetenal website, and could not find
> this
> >item. What is the name of it. B&H did not have any
> >Tetenal scratch removers either.
>
> Glad to oblige: the stuff is called Tetenal
> Repolisan, Tetenal Article=20
> Number: 103612. It comes in a 100 ml tin bottle and
> contains: esters,=20
> alcohols and aromatic hydrocarbons.

The Edwal bottle says it contains alcohol and
turpentine. I imagine it's fairly similar to Tetenal
Repolisan, which appears to be no longer available.
Other than some references to it on certain web
discussion boards, I can't find it.

So I will continue to experiment with the No-Scratch.

> Incidentally I also use a Tetenal hardener for
> fixing baths for my films=20
> together with the SISTAN stabiliser. Its number is
> 101038.
>
> Makes them just that tad more robust if they ever
> fall down on the floor or=
> =20
> somesuch.

I use hardener in my film fixer as well, although not
the Sistan treatment.
Thanks.

John